Cowper P.S. is situated in Cowper, which is a small, North Coast town on the banks of the Clarence River, 22kms from Grafton.
Cowper P.S. was established in 1874 with one original school building still standing beside the two,new classrooms built as part of the Building Education Revolution. These new classrooms will feature innovative technology with a Connected Classroom and an Interactive Whiteboard in the K-2 classroom.
The students at Cowper P.S. enjoy a rich,cultural learning environment which features specialist drama programs, outstanding music tuition, Visual Arts programs and opportunities to particpate in agricultural activities.
An extensive playground adjacent to the magnificent Clarence River features attractive play equipment, student vegetable garden and large grassy fields for the Active After Schools' Sports program.
Our school motto 'Strive to Achieve' is reflected in our above National Average results in Literacy and Numeracy NAPLAN tests.